The UT STEM Center and WeTeach_CS Extends CIP Through December 2018!
Still deciding if you should get CS certified?
Would you like 1000 reasons to help make up your mind?
The UT STEM Center's WeTeach_CS program is offering a $1,000 stipend, through the Certification Incentive Program (CIP), to currently certified Texas educators who add a CS certification to their resume. The STEM Center will extend the program, which has assisted over 480 teachers to achieve CS certification, through December 2018.
You are potentially eligible for the CIP stipend if you meet all of the following criteria:
- You are pursuing a TEA certification in Computer Science 8-12.
- You do not currently hold a certification in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems.
- You are currently certified to teach in Texas enrolled in a TEA approved teacher certification program in Texas.
View the CIP Checklist for complete requirements and application information.
More Information on CS Certification and CIP
- For more information about Computer Science certification in Texas, visit the WeTeach_CS Get Certified page.
- For complete information about CIP requirements and deadlines, visit the CIP Checklist page.
- Read everything and still have CS certification questions? Email us at email@example.com for help.
Do you need to prepare for the CS Exam?
Online or In-Person, WeTeach_CS has you covered!
Foundations of Computer Science for Teachers
The fall session of our online certification prep course, Foundations of Computer Science for Teachers ($398), is now open! Over 1000 teachers from around the country have already taken and passed Foundations of Computer Science for Teachers, with many going on to achieve CS certification and earn their $1000 stipend. So, don’t wait to start your certification journey—Enroll Today!
WeTeach_CS Certification Prep In-Person
WeTeach_CS Certification Prep ($400) will provide an overview of the educator competencies required of all teachers to become certified in Grades 8-12 Computer Science. This certification is necessary to teach courses such as Computer Science I, II or III, Fundamentals of Computer Science, or AP Computer Science A. Course instructors will address several competencies in depth and link attendees to additional resources that will help to prepare them to take the TExES 241 CS 8-12 Certification Test.
Next In-Person Workshop: November 12-13, 2018 (Monday-Tuesday) in Austin, TX – Register Today!